Tuesday, June 4, 2013


I am here on the beautiful island of Bonaire! 
I was having some internet problems my first few days, but they were crazy anyways. The real work and fun is just starting now. 
I've logged 3 dives since arriving and one snorkel. The water is a beautiful blue and the reef in only a quick swim (30-100 ft from shore), which makes it one of the most popular shore diving site in the world! Much better than my shore dive from the California coast. 
Our compound (what we call the residence hall) is a minutes walk from the shore. I'm staying with thirteen other students from across the country. There are four interns and a visiting scientist living in the compound as well. We're a happy little family! One of my favorite aspects of the island is the promenade next to the shore. It’s a quick walk into town but why not get a gorgeous view of the ocean on your way there?
Today my homework includes identifying fish typically seen on the reef. Ask me about Angelfish, how bout some blennies or bassets. I know em!
It's beautiful; this is a wonderful experience, I'm loving every minute!   

No comments:

Post a Comment