Thursday, June 6, 2013

sometimes I get too excited..

Yesterday we had a full day of class (lots of CPR, first aid training and fish ID) so of course I was anxious to get in the water. We get back to the res hall and I'm running around getting all ready to go diving. Naturally I was running around the house and theres an unfortunately placed bookshelf right outside my bed room door. I was talking to my bunkmate Rachel while walking out of my room, and ran face first into this book shelf. So I bled a lot, but luckily everyone is first aid trained (literally that day) so I was in good hands. Unfortunately, my dive safety officer decided that I should stay home instead of going out on the dive I was so excited about. But I have a beautiful little line right at my hairline. I stayed back and worked on homework, which we have a lot of!
Luckily my little accident didnt effect my diving today. Had an underwater quiz today! We swam out on the reef and my teacher would laser point at specific fish or groups of fish, and we would write their group or species on our underwater slates. Saw a huge midnight parrotfish which is rare on this side of the island. We also did some search and rescue techniques before the dive was over. Great fun! Tonight we have our first night dive. Little nervous but should be a new added twist to diving. Just gonna try not to get disoriented. Hold on to your dive buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment